X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kusadasi-Guy
    • May 2004

Vb3.5

Data APIs (Data Managers)

If you've ever tried to integrate third-party software with vBulletin then the data managers are for you.

There are now central objects with which to interface when saving various types of vBulletin data. Error handling and denormalized fields are handled automatically for you by the data manager system.

For example, if you want to insert a new thread or post, you need only pass your data to the data manager, which will check to make sure all the data you feed it is valid (not too short, not too long, not too many images etc.). If the data is not valid, the data manager will do its best to make the data valid.

Once all the required data is received by the data manager it will save the data to the database and automatically update the forum last post information.

Naturally, plugins can attach themselves to the data managers, allowing you to add code that runs before or after saving, or even to add new fields.
    do we have a live example for this feature?
    Last edited by Kusadasi-Guy; Wed 25 May '05, 7:07am.
    Support Disaster Relief in Haiti
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Kusadasi-Guy
    do we have a live example for this feature?
    Not before the release is made, though there will be examples available.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Kusadasi-Guy
      • May 2004

Thank You, this feature is really exciting me. Can you tell us some examples?
      Support Disaster Relief in Haiti

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...