Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DOMIN8
    • Apr 2005

VB Generating DataBase Errors !! Help

Im getting about 1000 emails aday from VB telling me that im getting errors. I dont know whats going on here and I dont know what to do. Has anyone had this issie and if so what did you do to correct?

This is what the email tells me

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Monday 23rd of May 2005 01:09:44 PM
    Script:

Referer: http://forums.virtualzero.net/showthread.php?t=901
    IP Address: 204.108.115.84
  • Brassmonkey
    • Nov 2004

I am still keeping about 5000+ e-mails in my mailbox with those kinds of errors.
    The errors stopped when my webhosting provider upgraded to the last MySQL version.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

It's not connecting to the database though. This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
      $dbpassword
      $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create or access a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

Comment

• Brassmonkey
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Zachery
        It's not connecting to the database though.
        Hmmmm true, i overlooked that bit. Think i should leave it to the pro's

Comment

• DOMIN8
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Zachery
          It's not connecting to the database though. This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
          $dbpassword
          $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create or access a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

but everything displays correctly. I got to these links and all seems to be fine. if that info was incorrect then would it even display?

Comment

• DOMIN8
            • Apr 2005

also its only giving errors when threads that contain image attachments are present

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

What's the link to one of these threads?
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DOMIN8
                • Apr 2005

Hmm, think I have figured out the problem. The ran Repair / Optimize Tables in the admin cp and ever since i ran it now Im getting this error ONLY on the 1st time that the image is displayed after running that script. If i empty my temp internet files and refreash that same page the error does not occur.

Any ideas why this happends?

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 3.8.x

The repair might have releaved the MySQL server a bit. My guess is that those errors where simply because the server was overloaded. Opening attachments with a lot of data would just be too much for your server, making it deny new requests.

I suggest you make a post in the Server Configuration forum. Make sure you read this thread first: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117
                  Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                  Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...