• Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

I responded to your ticket.

Comment

• ImportPassion.com
      • Dec 2002
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      7thgencivic you'd be suprised, there is an insanely large part of our client base that does not modifiy their forums period. Hacked boards are a miniorty. And you do not need hacks to keep a board active

We would need to see server logs to be able to tell how they got in specificly.

If you did get effected by that shell script its not going to be fun cleaning.
      it was low level, nothing major damaged.

if i take some hacks away, ppl go apesh$$. Ppl love to be able to get points to change their username and stuff like that. There are hacks that make it easier to administrate as well that I can't live w/o. expecially having such a huge board.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by 7thgencivic.com
        it was low level, nothing major damaged.
        Are you 100% sure there was no harm done?

If they have gotten access to a server commandline, they could have left hidden scripts giving them access again any time they want.

Like Zachery said, if they had time for this, it won't be fun cleaning.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

It is very highly possible that they have done more than delete a few vB files, this is usually a ploy to distract you from the real damage.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...