X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nukey
    • Apr 2005

Backup Database

Hey,

I'm trying to backup my database using phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl3 but when I go to export there are a ton of checkboxes and options and i'm not sure which to select?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
  • daemon
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.5.x

vBulletin has documentation on how to do this, which can be found here. Note, however, that backing up through phpMyAdmin isn't a reliable method of backup because on large databases, your browser will time out and will not be able to obtain the whole backup. The only reliable method for backing up is using SSH; however some web hosts don't allow this option. You can learn more about SSH backup here.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• Nukey
      • Apr 2005

daemon,

Thanks for the url. I'm familliar with SSH backup already and I suppose I will do that instead.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Nukey
        • Apr 2005

I have performed a data with SSH as per the url you provided me with, but for some reason the backup is quite a bit smaller than with phpMyAdmin or the backup database in the admincp. Do you know why this would be?

Comment

• daemon
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Nukey
          I have performed a data with SSH as per the url you provided me with, but for some reason the backup is quite a bit smaller than with phpMyAdmin or the backup database in the admincp. Do you know why this would be?
          The option flags that are set using the mysqldump command in SSH backups make the dump file highly optimized therefore it's smaller.
          Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• Nukey
            • Apr 2005

Ah, great. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...