A little help needed please (changing domain names)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KevinL
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

A little help needed please (changing domain names)

Ok I've searched through the threads and read what I could about just changing domain names.

I still have a few question, my board is modded and I want to change the name what files would I have to upddate and what are some of the steps I would have to do to get everything working right?

Thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by KevinL; Fri 20 May '05, 2:07pm.
    HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
    Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

vBulletin uses relative paths for almost all links. You only need to change your forum URL in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

Comment

• KevinL
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for replying

So I shouldnt have to worry about anything else? When I change those it will update my attachments and everything with no problem?

I just want to make sure before I shut down the board to do this so I have as least amount of down time as possible.
      HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
      Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

As long as you ddid not hard-code any templates or files with the domain you should be fine.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• KevinL
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.8.x

Well then I have a few things Ill have to fix but all the hard stuff will be done for me.

Cool, thank you both for the answers

Comment