• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TeaTree
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

Please Help me!

Hi,

I downloaded V-Buletin today and also uploaded it onto my website and now all I get is this message! -

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Can someone help me please and tell me what to do?

Many Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

We need to see the real error message. Right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then copy-n-paste the error message here.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TeaTree
      • May 2005
      • 3.5.x

Okay Here it is-

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
      <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
      <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
      Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical">mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>
      <!--
      Database error in vBulletin :
      Link-ID == false, connect failed
      mysql error:
      mysql error number: 0
      Date: Wednesday 18th of May 2005 07:14:20 PM
      Script: http://www.samstertown.co.uk/theforums/
      Referer:
      IP Address: 81.79.193.75
      -->
      </body></html>

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This error means that either:

1) The db info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums won't work at all.)

2) That user doesn't have permission to access the database listed in config.php.

3) The database doesn't exist.

4) MySQL isn't accepting new connections. (The server could either be down or has reached it's maximum connections limit.)

If you are sure your config.php info is correct, then you will need to contact your host about this.

Note, many servers are being probed for the phpBB worm these days and the MySQL server is being overloaded. This could account for these errors.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TeaTree
          • May 2005
          • 3.5.x

Hi,

I have now started trying to get to the install script,but have only got to thase two where it now says

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

So can you tell me what to do now please? Have I identified the problem more now?

Thanks

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

This error means that either:

1) The db info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums won't work at all.)

2) That user doesn't have permission to access the database listed in config.php.

3) The database doesn't exist.

Comment

• TeaTree
              • May 2005
              • 3.5.x

Could you give me instructions on what to do next please?

Many Thanks

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

You need to setup a database and a user to connect to that database, if you are unsure of how to do this you should contact your host.

Comment

• TeaTree
                  • May 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Okay I have now uploaded it-

I need to know two things please-

1/First thing is once I have uploaded it if I change the Control pannel password it wont work-How can I change my password so it will still work?

2/Second thing is how do I change my members username and password from being that long code to one I will remember?

Many Thanks

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

1 I am confused... you mean you installed it and the password you entered isn't working?

2 you can't

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

As mentioned before, we do not have your database details, contact your hosting provider for MySQL support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...