X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin CX
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.5.x

Threaded mode window is empty

When viewing a thread in hybrid/threaded mode, the threaded mode window is empty / blank.

I've tried to reupload some of the files, but it didn't help. Does anybody know where the problem might be? Could this be a template/phrase/database problem?

I hope somebody is able to help. Thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Martin CX
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.5.x

I did that, but I have the same problem, still.

Comment

• Martin CX
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.5.x

The plot thickens. I usually use Firefox, but when I switched to Internet Explorer, there was suddenly no problems? Java issue?

Perhaps it was only in my browser it was wonk..? Oh dear.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Do you have that same problem with FireFox on these forums?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Martin CX
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Do you have that same problem with FireFox on these forums?
            Yes. I'm feeling very stupid right now. Nonetheless, this is the error my Java (build 1.5.0_02-b09) is encountering:

uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component does not have requested interface [nsIDOMNSHTMLDocument.write]" nsresult: "0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE)" location: "JS frame :: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js :: vbmenu_doregister :: line 87" data: no]

Comment

• hqarrse
              • Mar 2010
              • 4.1.x

This is a VBSEO issue on my forums, and on their site threaded mode causes the whole page to go blank. I have posted it there and been told that it will be fixed in the next version:

VB 4.1.9 on the Army Rumour Service
              VBSEO 3.6.0
              CentOS 5.6 / Slackware 12

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...