potential risk for allowing html in a specific forum (?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krisae
    • Feb 2004

potential risk for allowing html in a specific forum (?)

Hi all,

I know it's a "how do I" forum, I didn't find a better one for my question, sorry in advance if it's not the right one

I have several sections in my forums, each section is dedicated to a specific game.

Each section contains several forums and one of them is supposed to be used to publish website content.

Until now we use BBcode for the "html" rendering, and I coded the site pages to display the content from this forum.

I'm thinking about the "allowing html" option, because it's a nightmare for my redactors to make "advanced" html (tables, images displays, etc..) with bb codes, even I created ton of them...

But I would like to know..... what could be the potential "risk" allowing html ?

I mean if I activate this option, is it only "standard" html that will be allowed or javascript too, flash, and so on?

Even redactors are mainly supposed to post in the "site forum", it's currently allowed for members too. If html is allowed, do I open a backdoor for members ? :-)

Thanks for the help ;-)
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

even with a censor, its easy to get around, and hard to proactively shut evil html down.

If you allow html, anything that can be inserted, will.

Comment

• krisae
      • Feb 2004

Ok, many thanks for the answer, I forget the html thing then

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...