X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

Well that rules that out then.

Only explanation i can think of then, would be a different codepage during upload, or MyIsam vs. InnoDB
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• ReeKo
      • Sep 2004

I"m having a ton of these database errors also, been going on for months. I"m brain dead when it comes to PHP and SQL databases, some webmaster I am huh.

I"M currently running 3.0.1 and feel I need to upgrade but to what version I dont' know.

Please point me to the location were I can get directions of how to upgrade and the upgrade itself.

I was told by my hosting location that it's a "proccess" running against the database that is the problem and it's within the VBB Code. I have no idea where to look in the code for the problem?? Are they full of it?? Also if I run a repair on mySQL database it will free up over 600 mb of drive space on my server. WIthin 24 hours that drive space will be full again, I run the repair on mySQL and it's freed up. I do this daily to free up drive space.

Do you guys - VBulletin - offer hosting??

I desperatly need help on getting this database error fixed.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

Reeko,

I suggest you open a seperate thread for your problem.

Try to include as much info as possible, like php/mysql versions, detailed Database errors etc.
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Blairwarlock
          • Nov 2001

Morning update:

That should say it all!

Thanks for the help guys. I guess in the process of troubleshooting this, going to a newer version of php and mySQL was probably a good thing to do regardless of the fact that it didn't fix the problem. As we found out, sometimes rebooting your computer doesn't always fix the problem

For the record, my ISP moved to Veritas BackupExec. I can't imagine that Veritas is not compatible with mySQL, but I will need to do some research- perhaps there's an optional module to allow for live DB backups. Important thing now is NO MAS CORRUPCIONO! And yes, I will have to begin scheduling a cron job to perform a daily mysqldump. Thanks again!

Comment

• Blairwarlock
            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by MarcoH64
            Well that rules that out then.

Only explanation i can think of then, would be a different codepage during upload, or MyIsam vs. InnoDB
            Not running InnoDB. I agree it's strange. I could understand if it were smaller in size. In any case, the important thing right now is I was able to pinpoint the source of corruption and things are back to some state of normalcy for now.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
              • Nov 2004
              • 3.8.x

There is a very popular hack at vbulletin.org to organize backups.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...