Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Signal 12
    • Jun 2004

Install Window won't show during /install/install.php

I believe I have the SQL database, config.php, and everything else in order.

My problem is, when I type in my web address with /install/install.php, instead of a prompt window showing up, I get a totally blank white screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael
    Last edited by Signal 12; Mon 2 May '05, 9:10am.
    Owner and Operator of www.brevardgolfclubhouse.com
  • Signal 12
    • Jun 2004

To add, I've used both firefox and microsoft explorers, with and without the google toolbars, etc. Still nothing.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

The white pages are due to one of these causes:

1. You did not upload the vB files correctly. Reupload the vB non-image files and make sure you upload these in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server. Make sure you upload the 3.0.7 Admin CP files to the admincp directory specified in your config.php file.

2. You do not have a config.php file in your includes directory. You need to copy config.php.new to config.php, then edit this file with the correct database info.

3. You have extra space or lines in your config.php file. Make sure there is no whitespace or extra lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>.

4. Your PHP is not compiled with XML support.

5. Your PHP is not compiled with MySQL support.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Signal 12
        • Jun 2004

Up and running, thanks for the help.

It turned out a few folders, including config.php were not present in the includes folder. Odd, but it's fixed now.

Comment

• westpointer
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Signal 12
          I believe I have the SQL database, config.php, and everything else in order.

My problem is, when I type in my web address with /install/install.php, instead of a prompt window showing up, I get a totally blank white screen.
          I'm having the same problem. My server is WinNT running IIS 4 (I know ... I know ... working on an upgrade). I have php and mysql running. (I have other apps that use mysql.)

I downloaded the vbulletin zip file directly to the server, unzipped it, and used Windows Explorer to move the files in the forums subfolder of my document root. I get the following error messages when I try to run install.php

Code:
          [04-May-2005 15:44:25] PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: Unable to access ./install/installcore.php in C:\InetPub\wwwroot\NCMB\forums\install\install.php on line 69

[04-May-2005 15:44:25] PHP Warning: main(./install/installcore.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\InetPub\wwwroot\NCMB\forums\install\install.php on line 69

[04-May-2005 15:44:25] PHP Fatal error: main() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './install/installcore.php' (include_path='.;d:\php\includes') in C:\InetPub\wwwroot\NCMB\forums\install\install.php on line 69
          php infor available here:

I've made sure that there are no extra spaces in the config.php file. Any other ideas? (BTW - I've installed vbulletin many times on Unix boxes with Apache instead of IIS.)

Comment

• drivenyam
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.1.x

I get this when I try to navigate to the instal/instal.php:

Access to the webpage was denied

You are not authorized to access the webpage at http://www.teamdriven.net/install/install.php. You may need to sign in.
            HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request.

Any suggestions? I followed this tutorial for setting everything up (so far anyway) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTa0FA1y9Vw

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...