Manage Attachments oddity: Nothing Happens!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djnoz
    • May 2003

Manage Attachments oddity: Nothing Happens!

OK.

vBulletin 3.0.0, linux.

I've done some searching here, but not found what I was looking for. When my users (or I for that matter) attempt to upload attachments to the server, evertying *appears* to work fine, but no attachments show up. I've checked the following:
    1. The tmp dir is not full (over 150 Gigabytes free).
    2. The tmp dir IS setup to be used.
    3. The permissions are 777 on the tmp dir (and embedded dirs, used chown -R)
    4. There is no "moderator approval" required for anything here.

Is this an error with 3.0.0, maybe, and would an upgrade to the latest (3.0.7, maybe?) solve it?
    Matt
    Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
    Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You really should upgrade, as 3.0.0, has several security issues and there havebeen prefromance tweakes since then/.

Comment

• djnoz
      • May 2003

We'll see. I've sent a "contact email" about the fact that I've inherited this system from another person (in fact, I'm using his account now). This account doesn't give me access to the "members" area to allow me to download, so I don't know what else to do.

Anyway, that aside, I'm still not certain what I should be checking for the upload error. Any other ideas?

If it helps, the Attachment Manager window SAYS that it's uploading, and doesn't give me any error. When I close the window, though, (and even before closing, I can see) there is no attachment on the post.
      Last edited by djnoz; Sat 16 Apr '05, 9:33am.
      Matt
      Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
      Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...