X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyCooper
    • Apr 2005

Vb3 on 2 MySql Databases

Hi,

My hosts are only allowing me a pitiful 100meg of MySQL database space for my Vb3 (3.0.7) installation. They won't increase the size of the limit but they will allow me other 100meg MySQL databases.

Is it possible for Vb3 to run off two seperate databases, say with the search engine info tables (eg postindex) in one db and the rest of the tables in another?

I'm up for a bit of code play, but can this be done, and what files do I need to make it happen if so.

Thanks
    Andy
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I would tell you to start looking for another host, it is unfair of a host to limit your mysql database size to somthing smaller than your own hosting package.

Comment

• AndyCooper
      • Apr 2005

Oh I'm on the lookout, but this host in particular is known for making life particularly difficult to move from. I have 10 gig of webspace and 100meg of SQL db - rediculous.

Not possible to run over 2 dbs... or not advisable?

Andy

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Anythings possible with code modifications

But doing it would be illadvised considering.

Now if you had some huge database and needed to split it over two database servers for reasources, thats one thing. But just to skip on a database limit would be abit of overkill.

Comment

• AndyCooper
          • Apr 2005

Its to try and offset the pain of moving hosts! And finding one which is good value for money!

So anyway, what needs to be done to say run the search engine side of things (just the keyword type search, and similar threads I suppose) on a seperate db? I'm after the lesser of two evils here!

Andy.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Moving hosts, is much easier than recoding the software

Comment

• AndyCooper
              • Apr 2005

Thought so!

Thanks anyway.

Andy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...