2 Vbulletins on 1 site sharing only membership...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corleone
    • May 2001
    • 3.7.x

2 Vbulletins on 1 site sharing only membership...

I would like to know if it is possible to have two separate vbulletin databases run on the same server, using separate databases......except for the membership....I'd like for them to share that part. Thanks for any info on this.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

More than possible, just not easy.

It requires extensive file modifications, seperate licenses, and extensive changes to at least the user table.

Comment

• southernlady
      • May 2005
      • 4.0.x

Zachery, how do you do it?

I have the two licenses, the two databases, can upgrade the one I just bought to RC2 quickly enough. They are running on the same server just in two seperate directories. I would like them to share the membership directory tho so that they don't have to re-register. Liz
      Secret City Designs

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I've not even looked at 3.5, I would suspect it maybe atad bit easier with a few things in mind with the OOP now, but as I said it requires extensive modifications to the files and a fewmodifications to the user table..

Comment

• HR3rdGen
          • Dec 2003
          • 3.5.x

I'm interested int this as well.

I run a local car club forum for my area, for both camaro's and firebirds.

Now there is a camaro club, and a firebird club. And I'm designing their sites.

But they'd like to be tied into my group (they should just die and join us) but I was thinking it would be nice if my users could move from site to site with the same user information, and share the same technical forums on all 3 sites, while off-topic and event forums would be different.

I own my server.
          Michael Key - www.mikekey.com
          www.hrfbody.com - Hampton Roads F-Body

Comment

• Lionel
            • Apr 2001

I too am very interested in this. I have 3.07 loaded with hacks and attempted to upgrade 3.60. I really don't want to loose 3.07 and already have 2 licenses. I'd like to have 3.60 on site.com and 3.07 on site.net each with their own db except for membership. Any pointers to the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...