Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djnoz
    • May 2003

gd-2.0.33 not running quite right

OK. I'm currently moving a site from server a to server b (don't ask). Most everything is working right, accept that the GD function which displays the image (hopefully this forces a human to register) is not functioning. The "registration image" text shows up instead. Clicking on that and opening it in a new window gives me the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /var/www/html/image.php on line 87

I did a find / -name "gd.so" and came up with nothing, but I've recently dL/d and installed the gd-2.0.33 tarball.

A quick view of the php.ini file shows a commented line for the dll, but nothing for an so (which is fine, seing as I can't find an so anywhere).

Any ideas where else to look?

Sys: RedHat Linux 7.3 (fedora legacy upgrades)
    vb: vBulletin Version 3
    php: 4.3.10
    mysql: 4.1.10a (standard)
    Last edited by djnoz; Wed 30 Mar '05, 1:13pm.
    Matt
    Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
    Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

In the Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options and open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• djnoz
      • May 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      In the Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options and open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

OK

Matt
      Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I don't see any GD support in your PHP configuration.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• djnoz
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I don't see any GD support in your PHP configuration.
          Hmm... My config for php was:
          ./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
          originally, and everything worked that way.
          make
          make install
          worked with no errors.

I've since tried:
          ./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-gd=/root/src/gd-2.0.33/
          hoping that would help.

It functions fine, but then make returns an error (eventually, complaing that gd-2.033//.libs does not exist?!?

I then decided to go back and recompile gd, and try to do php different. I downloaded and installed zlib and png stuff (just to see if that helps) and discovered that I can do --with-gd (no link to the directory). Apparently this works MUCH better. O.o (had to pass it the zlib directory, though).

Now I don't get any errors, but I don't see any graphics either.

Other ideas?
          Matt

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You've disabled the phpinfo so I can't check it. Does it show GD support?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• djnoz
              • May 2003

My appologies! I meant to post that in my previous post. Yes, it shows that GD is enabled, and the page no longer returns errors.

Instead, now the images that are displayed are "zero k" when viewed with safari. (They don't show up in other browsers).

If needed, I can re-enable the phpinfo line. (Sorry, I'm paranoid!)
              Matt

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Well, access to all the relevant info would help. It's up to you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...