Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brownj2
    • Dec 2004

admin CP timeouts

I did a search and just found on how to do it for regular users, Is there a way to increase the time your logged into the AdminCP. I have been working on templates, bouncing back and forth between windows and it autologs me out. Gets to be annoying. Can I change the settings on how long it is, even if I only do it on a temp basis for security reasons?

Thanks.
  • Austin Dea
    • Mar 2002

Admin CP -> vB Otions -> Admin Control Panel Options -> Timeout Admin Login

Comment

• brownj2
      • Dec 2004

thanks

Comment

• Primal Rage
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Austin Dea
        Admin CP -> vB Otions -> Admin Control Panel Options -> Timeout Admin Login
        I assume this is only available in versions higher then 3.0.3 ??

Comment

• brownj2
          • Dec 2004

I would assume so, I did not see it before in my 3.0.3 but I upgraded the other day to the latest version and it is there.

Comment

• Primal Rage
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by brownj2
            I would assume so, I did not see it before in my 3.0.3 but I upgraded the other day to the latest version and it is there.
            Still on 3.0.3 here with all the patches on it.. I was planning to wait 'til 3.1 for a complete upgrade, but with admincp timeout being an option now i might just upgrade b4. Howcome these new features are not documented in the releases/upgrades or did I miss it ??

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

The cpsession table was added in vB 3.0.2 and the admin login timeout option was added in vB3 Beta 5. You should have this option in 3.0.3, unless you skipped a step in the upgrade process.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Primal Rage
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                The cpsession table was added in vB 3.0.2 and the admin login timeout option was added in vB3 Beta 5. You should have this option in 3.0.3, unless you skipped a step in the upgrade process.
                You are correct bud, my bad. Although as it was previously discussed in other threads, it has been pointed out that even if the Time Out option is disabled one still gets logged after about an hour. I just noticed i did have mine set to NO and i still got timed out from the admin panel. Roughly an hour.

I thought there was a new option to increase the default timeout from one hour to X hours.

The reason why we should have the option to change timeout setting is for example.

Forum with 50 000 members. I decide to email all members, and do it in batches of say 5000 emails at a time. That is 10 pages in the admin panel, because there is no Auto-continue option when mass mailing, one has to hit Next Page button after every 5000 emails. Now what happens is say at page 5 ( 25000 emails sent ) i need to step out. I come home 5 hours later, hit the Next Page button to resume my mailing, and BOOM i get logged out and taken to the user password prompt. So i enter my password, but guess what?? It doesn't go back to resuming the mailing, it actually defaults you back to the home page. So now i have to restart my mailing all over again..

Had i an option to increase my timeout to say 5 hours it would avoid this. Also having an option to Auto Continue the mailings to the next page after say a specified amount of time would also kill the need for me to sit at the pc waiting for the Next Page button to show up.

It would make more sence to have an option to send X amount of emails, when done wait X amount of time and do the next batch....

What ya think ???

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Changing the maximum Admin CP timeout to be longer than one hour currently requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Primal Rage
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Changing the maximum Admin CP timeout to be longer than one hour currently requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
                    Yup i am tottaly aware of such, and I see there has already been discussion of such at vb however even the code modification they provided did not seem to help.

Point being is that becasue the feature is not default on VB it makes the mailing process much harder as explained above. Maybe you could consider it for future versions...

Maybe I am the only one who is using the mail members feature and notice this

Thanx

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...