Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kosmo
    • May 2002

Moderator, Super-Moderator Etc.

I have a problem with posters from competing sites coming onto my site when I'm not around and spamming my site.

My question is there a way to give a moderator of my site access to banning those members? If so what are all of the ways of doing this?

Thanks
  • brisk_99
    • Oct 2003

The way I did it was create a group called Super Mod plus (can be whatever) and gave that group access to the Admin CP. Then take whatever user you want to have that access and select the new group you created as a sup-group (Additional Usergroups) under the user’s profile. They will then show up under the admin permissions tab and you can edit them so they have access to Administer users. Anything other than that I am pretty sure will require a hack.

Comment

• Kosmo
      • May 2002

Originally posted by brisk_99
      The way I did it was create a group called Super Mod plus (can be whatever) and gave that group access to the Admin CP. Then take whatever user you want to have that access and select the new group you created as a sup-group (Additional Usergroups) under the user’s profile. They will then show up under the admin permissions tab and you can edit them so they have access to Administer users. Anything other than that I am pretty sure will require a hack.
      Does that give them access to the whole admin control panel though?

Comment

• brisk_99
        • Oct 2003

They login to the admin panel yes but will have no options other than what you give them access to under the admin permissions section. So if you give them access to administer users they will only see that on the left bar and nothing else.

Comment

• Austin Dea
          • Mar 2002

The modcp also has limited banning options. Just go to yourforumurl.com/modcp and as long the Super Moderator usergroup can ban users (set in Edit Usergroups), they'll see those limited banning options.

Comment

• Kosmo
            • May 2002

Ok, I setup a supermoderator however they can still see all of the following in the admin control panel.

Announcements
            Moderation
            Users (which is all that I want)
            User Ranks
            User Titles
            User Reputations
            User Profile Fields
            Subscriptions
            Statistics & Logs

How do I get it set to just users showing up for supermoderators so they can ban other users?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

If a supermoderator, can access the admincp, and has access to the user option, it includes ALL user features.

Moderators can already ban usersr in the modcp.

Comment

• Kosmo
                • May 2002

Originally posted by Zachery
                If a supermoderator, can access the admincp, and has access to the user option, it includes ALL user features.

Moderators can already ban usersr in the modcp.
                I have another name that i'm using on Netscape browser and when I set it as a moderator I can't login to the control panel.

Now when I set it up under super moderator I can log in and see what I posted above.

All i'm trying to do is either allow my mod's or supermods to be able to log into the control panel and see the users field only so they can access that so they can ban people.

How do I do that??

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Set them as a moderator? you added them to a forum or put them into the moderator usergroup?

Comment

• Kosmo
                    • May 2002

Set them as a moderator? you added them to a forum or put them into the moderator usergroup?
                    All of my moderators are set up in specific forums of my site. Some have control of every forum as where others are just set to control a few of the forums.

I've got it working on supermoderator I just need to delete some of those fields that I mentioned above, but don't know how to.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

You can't without modifing the code.

Like I said, if you want the moderators to be able to ban, you must assign them to a forum or category, and give them the permission to ban users.

Supermoderators can login to the modcp just fine and ban any user they want to.

Comment

• vulture
                        • Feb 2005

Head over to http://www.vbulletin.org and look at the warning hack. Its what we use on the soapboards site, and it allows mods to ban users immediately without going to the modcp. All you need to define is a list of offences and voila.

Comment

• Kosmo
                          • May 2002

You can't without modifing the code.

Like I said, if you want the moderators to be able to ban, you must assign them to a forum or category, and give them the permission to ban users.

Supermoderators can login to the modcp just fine and ban any user they want to.
                          Where do I give them permission to ban users at ?

Comment

• Kosmo
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by vulture
                            Head over to http://www.vbulletin.org and look at the warning hack. Its what we use on the soapboards site, and it allows mods to ban users immediately without going to the modcp. All you need to define is a list of offences and voila.
                            Which one are you using?

I see:

Warning Hack V1.5
                            Advance Warning System 3.3.2

Comment

• Kosmo
                              • May 2002

Originally posted by Kosmo
                              Ok, I setup a supermoderator however they can still see all of the following in the admin control panel.

Announcements
                              Moderation
                              Users (which is all that I want)
                              User Ranks
                              User Titles
                              User Reputations
                              User Profile Fields
                              Subscriptions
                              Statistics & Logs

How do I get it set to just users showing up for supermoderators so they can ban other users?
                              Anyone as I had a huge run of a 2 bad posters while I was gone which drove my members and moderators up the wall.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...