X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vtec44
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.7.x

Since you're not too familiar with shell, logon to your server via FTP, create a folder somewhere called backup, set the permission on that folder to 777

Use putty to login to your server, go to the new folder, use the command lines below, change all the variables to suit you.

Code:
    mysqldump --opt -Q -h databa_seserver.com -u user_name -p'password' database_name > mysqldump.sql

zip mysqldump.zip mysqldump.sql
    Then, download mysqldump.zip and delete the mysqldump.sql
    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• Dennis Olson
      • Oct 2002

PuTTY is just a secure version of Telnet. And in Linux, I think you want to use TAR, not ZIP.

Comment

• Vtec44
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
        PuTTY is just a secure version of Telnet. And in Linux, I think you want to use TAR, not ZIP.
        Are you going to post up the TAR command for him? I have never used it.
        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• Dennis Olson
          • Oct 2002

If he wants to use tar, I have a command available in by backup script. I can paste it onto this thread.

Ahh, what the hey. Here it is:

tar cvf - Filename | compress > /path/filename.Z
          Last edited by Dennis Olson; Wed 16 Mar '05, 7:08pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

You have an inactive leased license that expired last August. You have been running vBulletin illegally since then.

I don't know why your site stopped working, but in order to continue running vB you most renew or purchase another license immediately.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...