Funny it seems but serious probs may be ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secret1980
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.5.x

Funny it seems but serious probs may be ???

sir,

I hav heard from a member tht his post was shwin edited by edited by him.. which he didnt do.. When i went to delete the post .. I saw over there wat actually he had typed over there ,,,

this is the screen shot i was mentioning :

Actual in the thread it looked like this :

When I went to edit it looked like this :

later after savin the message .. I got the post correctly.. can i know wat might be the reason for this problem

regards,
    Pavan Kumar
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Not sure I understand what you are saying. If it shows it was edited by him and he did not do this, then someone has access to his account.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• secret1980
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Not sure I understand what you are saying. If it shows it was edited by him and he did not do this, then someone has access to his account.
      even if some one has access to this account then also.. I wonder how this appeared.. Lemme say in detail :

Actually he had posted some info the thread
      Later he found tht it was edited
      He tought his account might hav been hacked so he changed his pass
      When he told me regardin this. I went to see the post.
      I tried to delete the post but I found was tht the info he had typed was there but some other thin appeared in the thread. It was different to the post he had made ..

In the above links I have given.. The first post was the reply I had seen it in the thread. The second post was the details I had seen it in the edit option Lemme know wat might be thr probs for this..

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Assuming you have not installed any hacks, then the only way this would have appeared is if someone edited that post while loggged in as that user.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• secret1980
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.5.x

sir,

it looks like it happened b'coz of one hack... I dont remember where my friend had made the settings.. This is the message a member gets when he enters the board :

Hello secret! Welcome to our board!

i think this is being copied to his posts... can u help me regadin this sir.. I am not sure but as all the edited replies looked like :

Hello member! Welcome to the board so i thought this might be the culprit behind it..

regards,
          Pavan Kumar

Comment

• secret1980
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.5.x

found the solution Now itz back to work no errors sorry for the incovenience caused..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...