Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erik
    • May 2000

Curious behavior

For whatever reason you can't log into the modcp for my boards. You can log into the Admincp just fine, but trying to log into the modcp results in you being redirected back to the modcp login, without any sort of error message or information being relayed.
    http://wyrldscape.com
    Free Form Gaming with style and dedication.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You need to reupload the modcp files to whatever Admin and Mod CP directory you've established in config.php. Make sure you overwrite the files on the server and that you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Erik
      • May 2000

I was fairly certain that things were configured properly, but I checked config.php for the directory (it's still set to the default), and reuploaded the files to that directory in ASCII mode just to check. The problem still persists.

Any second guesses? The AdminCP login works just fine.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

If these are the original files, and they are uploaded correctly and have the correct permissions, there is no reason this shouldn't work.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Erik
          • May 2000

The permissions are -rw-r--r-- and the directory is drw-r-xr-x, both of which are as they should be. To make sure I'm not just being randomly clueless I checked to make sure that those permissions are the same for the admincp directory. They are.

Last, but not least, I redownloaded the files from the member area, and uploaded them again in ASCII mode. Still no change.

Comment

• Erik
            • May 2000

If you can't think of anything else I can give you a temporary account on my boards and FTP so you can examine the issue with your own eyes, since seeing is believing sometimes.

I'm obviously totally baffled by this, which doesn't happen all that often.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...