Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegaHertz
    • Jun 2003

Uploaded 3.0.7 files, but ...

... when I try to enter the upgrade system I get the following error.

POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.

I have already re-downloaded and re-uploaded new files, and no luck.

P.S. - Just tried to login to the AdminCP to update the forum closed message and got the same error.
    Last edited by MegaHertz; Sun 27 Feb '05, 8:56pm. Reason: added P.S.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This error appears to be related to a hack you installed. Please see this thread:

Im using vbIndex at www.site.com (http://www.site.com) and vBulletin at "forum.site.com" and therefor i get the message "POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed." when someone tries to login from vbindex page. Is there someway to solve this? Maybe a settings in the admin cp for allowed sites or
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MegaHertz
      • Jun 2003

Steve,

Thanks you for your reply, but there are no hacks installed.

Edit: The site in question is http://www.outpostfirewall.com/
      Last edited by MegaHertz; Sun 27 Feb '05, 9:44pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Reupload all the original 3.0.7 files except install.php and the images. Make sure you retain the directory structure of the zip file, that you upload the files to whatever Admin and Mod CP directories you've established in config.php, and that you overwrite the files on the server. Also make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

I just noticed something. What exactly are you doing when you get this error?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• MegaHertz
            • Jun 2003

I have already done those steps prior to posting here for help. The result is the same.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

What exactly are you doing when you get this error? Please be more specific.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• MegaHertz
                • Jun 2003

The files are uploaded and I go to http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum...ll/upgrade.php I then enter the customer number and press the Enter Upgrade System button which is when I get the error.

I believe this is normal behavior, but I did notice that the URL changes from the one above to http://outpostfirewall.com/forum/install/upgrade17.php.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Hmmm...I've honestly never heard of this error during the upgrade process. Which version are you upgrading from?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• MegaHertz
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Hmmm...I've honestly never heard of this error during the upgrade process. Which version are you upgrading from?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• MegaHertz
                        • Jun 2003

I have requested that Agnitum's webmaster open the ticket since I do not have all the information that needs to be provided. Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

• Michael Dengler
                          • Feb 2004

When you download and unpack the zip file you have a File Folder called something like L354389b.307

Do you rename that folder to match the root folder on your FTP server? I had problems once because I didn't rename the folder correctly to match the root folder. I renamed the root folder to world-a-team and the root folder is called world-a-team.com. Therefore, the files on the server weren't overwritten and I couldn't proceed with the upgrade.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...