Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zachlee
    • Feb 2005

Help removing post/messege icon

I have eliminated the post icons (like below) in my forum. However I cant find which templete to remove the generic notepad looking icon next to all threads (attachment may explain better)

TIA!
    -Zach
    Attached Files
  • zachlee
    • Feb 2005

bump

Comment

• rebelsrock06
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.6.x

All i can tell you is that it will be the Forumdisplay template that you need to edit. I tried messing around with it but im way to tired and im not as skilled as some of the other members here.

Btw, its regulatory to wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts, preferably 24
      Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

• zachlee
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by rebelsrock06
        Btw, its regulatory to wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts, preferably 24
        Sorry about that. I know better, but I am in a pinch to get this done before the weekend, and this is one of the last complaints/bugs that needs fixed.

I have solved all other modification by searching through the forums, and so far I absolutly love the VB software. Much more managable then PHPbb, the support information alone found in the forums, is worth the $.

Comment

• conqsoft
          • Jul 2003
          • 3.6.x

In AdminCP, there's a field for the default post icon that contains a path. Just blank that field out to remove it.
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• zachlee
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by conqsoft
            In AdminCP, there's a field for the default post icon that contains a path. Just blank that field out to remove it.
            My boss would like the whole box gone. I was able to remove just the icon, but then the empty box is just there. I thought I found the code in FORUMDISPLAY

Code:
            <if condition="$show['threadicons']">
            		<td class="thead" colspan="2">&nbsp;</td>
            	<else />
            		<td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
            	</if>
            But when I remove that code, the whole thread format gets pooched. Not sure where to go next.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
              • Dec 2000
              • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Allow Post Icons

Comment

• zachlee
                • Feb 2005

Thanks alot Jake, appreciate your help.

Comment

• zachlee
                  • Feb 2005

taking this 1 step further, is there a way to globally turn this feature off for all forums?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                    • Dec 2000
                    • 3.6.x

Run this query on your database (backup first):

Code:
                    UPDATE [color=green]forum[/color] SET [color=blue]options[/color] = [color=blue]options[/color] - [color=red]1024[/color] WHERE [color=blue]options[/color] & [color=red]1024[/color]
                    See this thread for an explanation.

After running this query, you need to rebuild your forum cache by running this counter:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...