Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • h2ojunkie
    • Jul 2004

JavaScript Error being caused by body onload

I'm having a problem on just certian pages where I'm getting a javascript error of "null is null or not an object" referencing the body tag.

HTML Code:
    <body onload="if (is_ie || is_moz) { fetch_object('currentPost').scrollIntoView(!is_moz); }">
    It only appears on pages where the url string is to a specific post. For example, when clicking the "go to last post" button or "go to first new post" buttons.

Anyone have any suggestions?

example url: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...wpost&t=228006
  • weirdpixels
    • Aug 2003

I don't have any suggestions, but I also get this same error
    http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Where are you trying to define that? Showthread as well as other pages have an $onload varible defined, ontop of that body is already defined in every template where it needs to be.

Comment

• weirdpixels
        • Aug 2003

At the moment I get the null is null javascript error, when you post a new post or when clicking on the go to last post button. So it basically happens when you have a url that looks something like this showthread.php?p=6296#post6296

If I double click on the error, it says there is an error on line 423, so looking at my page source I see

HTML Code:
        <body onload="if (is_ie || is_moz) { fetch_object('currentPost').scrollIntoView(!is_moz); }">
        Is located at line 423, if I search for this code in my templates, nothing comes up.

This error does not happen if I use the vbulletin default style, so it's not like its getting this from any of the files.

I have
        HTML Code:
        <body onload="$onload">
        In the Showthread template for the style that this is having this error.
        This javascript error does not seem to affect firefox.

Any ideas of what is causing this?
        http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

• h2ojunkie
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zachery
          Where are you trying to define that? Showthread as well as other pages have an $onload varible defined, ontop of that body is already defined in every template where it needs to be.
          PHP Code:
           <body onload="$onload"
          Is also what is in my template for the page that is having the error, and the generated html output by that template is resulting in:

HTML Code:
          Which is the cause of the javascript error.

Comment

• h2ojunkie
            • Jul 2004

bump

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

We've identified the problem, its the custom java script you are trying to add, to fix it you should try asking for help at vBulletin.org

Comment

• h2ojunkie
                • Jul 2004

Will do.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...