X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayJ
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.6.x

Resync User IDs

My user IDs seem to have jumped from around 828 to 10,000. Despite manual attempts (and due to being rather tired), I cannot seem to resync the table in order for it to get back to where it was (i.e. 829). Any ideas how to fix this?
  • Dennis Olson
    • Oct 2002

You cannot reset auto-increment numbers in the database.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Unfortunately there is no simple way to do this. It would require a lot of extensive and tricky manual modifications to the database to make sure three tables are in synch. This is not for the faint of heart. I suggest trying to find a MySQL pro to help you with this. Try posting in the Service Requests forum at vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JayJ
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.6.x

Which three tables would I be needing to synch?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

user
          userfield
          usertextfield

And of course if you change any existing userids, you will need to make the same change to every table containing userids.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...