X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rlamego
    • Nov 2004

Sticky style

Hi!
    I have 3 styles on my vB: default (id1), grey (id2) and white (id3).

On my Style & Language Settings, I have white chosen as the default style and I don't allow users to choose styles

On my Style Manager, the default and grey styles aren't checked, only the white style is checked.

On my user profile, I have set the style for Forum Default.

If I log out and then log in again, I see my vB with the grey style and not the white. Even after all cookies are cleared, browser relaunched, I see the board with grey style.
    And this also happens if I change browsers and repeat the cookie deletion procedure.

Thanks for any help sorting this out!
    Ricardo
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If you have done what you said then I don't see how that could happen. Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the footer, headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rlamego
      • Nov 2004

No one can choose styles on my board from day one. But while I was developing the grey style (id 2), I changed the administrator permissions so that I could go back and forth between the default style and the grey one, to test and compare.
      However, the last style was developed on my tests location and then installed by upload.

Even though I have on my profile "Use Forum Default" style, is it possible that some function, somewhere, is reading the grey style id value from somewhere in the db?

As for your question,
      - I have installed Brian Gunter's portal (vBadvanced CPMS),
      - I've also installed Nail Geek's Geek Articles (which adds this code to phpinclude $geek_article_forums = array(14); and an hack that enables avatars on the navbar),
      - I've moved the navigation links from the navbar to the header,
      - moved some stuff around the footer but didn't add or removed anything and finally,
      - my headinclude is untouched.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Honestly I don't see how this could happen on an unhacked forum.

Try this. Set up a fresh test forum with all the original vB files and templates. Then if you can reproduce this problem on that forum, let me know. If not, then this will show that the problem is related to one or more changes you made.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...