X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Odoin
    • Jun 2002
    • 1.1.x

Delete All Posts...

Hi I have around 250,000 posts and I want to delete them all but I want to keep the forums....

I tried using "prune" but php runs out of memory.

Can I delete the posts from the shell command line? What code would I use?

Some forums are 40,000+ posts so I can't just remove them...

Thank you in advance!

Mark Laudenbach!
  • iTaLiAnBoY165
    • Jan 2005

do you want to keep the threads to? becuase you can go into the thread and go to thread tools and delete posts but that would take a while

Comment

• Odoin
      • Jun 2002
      • 1.1.x

No I want them all gone and I only have 8mb of memory for PHP. I was hoping a SQL command via root @ SSH would be able to help with this.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

There is no simple query to do this since the post table is tied to other tables as well. You will either need to increase the memory_limit and max_execution_time in php.ini, or delete posts in smaller batches.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Odoin
          • Jun 2002
          • 1.1.x

Hi Steve,

How much memory should I set? 64mb? I mean if there is 400mb worth of messages will I need that much memory? I have 256 on my sun server

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Whatever those values are now, I'd try doubling them to see if that helps.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Odoin
              • Jun 2002
              • 1.1.x

I went to 64mb and to 2 min timeout from 30 seconds... and I am on my way to a empty board... Thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...