Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vBadvanced
    • Oct 2001

Post Table Corrupted, Unable to Repair

This morning I noticed that I was getting the myi error from my post table. I went to repair it, and this is what it came back with:

tigga573_vbulletin3.post repair error 28 when writing to datafile
    tigga573_vbulletin3.post repair error 28 when writing to datafile
    tigga573_vbulletin3.post repair status Operation failed

Ran a check on the table and it came back with this:

tigga573_vbulletin3.post check warning Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
    tigga573_vbulletin3.post check warning 6 clients are using or haven't closed the table pr...
    tigga573_vbulletin3.post check warning Size of indexfile is: 177667072 Should be: 26...
    tigga573_vbulletin3.post check error Size of datafile is: 242171904 Should be: ...
    tigga573_vbulletin3.post check error Corrupt

The MySQL server has apparently been restared as a few minutes after I started trying to repair the table I started getting the 'Link-ID == false, connect failed' error. Once it came back up (about 30-45 minutes later) I tried running the repair and check commands again and they still came back with the same thing. Any advice?
    Spread Peace,
    Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there

Error code 28: No space left on device

Either the swap, a partition, temp directory or hard drive on the web server is out of space or doesn't have enough space to complete the above operation.

This is a server issue, you need to contact your hosting provider to get more space to write to. I advice you to shut down your forum to prevent more errors or data loss.

Comment

• vBadvanced
      • Oct 2001

Thank you Floris.
      I swear I searched, but couldn't find anything specific for error 28 (found plenty of similar errors, but nothing exact). Either way, I'm off to yell at my host some more.
      Spread Peace,
      Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

• Dennis Olson
        • Oct 2002

Do a google search on "mysql error 28".

Google fix evry'ting....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...