X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhoads
    • Dec 2004
    • 3.5.x

Which tables I need...

At first I would like to thank all the people that created this fantastic forum software.

Recently I have bought a vBulletin license. Now I have to restore a friend’s database to this new one, but I have some questions. I don’t really know how to make sure the "migration"/restore will be without any problems.

I have the following questions:
    Which tables do I need for a backup/restore from the "old" database into the new database. This are the things I need to retain:
    Users and user info
    Forum Threads (Topics)
    All posts in the threads
    All attachments
    ?? and other info that needs to be backup-ed and restored into the new forum so everything will work properly! ??

The V-Bulletin Version of both forums is V 3.0.3.
    The forum of the friend has load of extra templates and styles in it that I don't want/need. Some goes for user rights. I want to start with a "clean" forum.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Thread moved to the vbulletin 3 'how do i' forum.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by drl2005
      At first I would like to thank all the people that created this fantastic forum software.

Recently I have bought a vBulletin license. Now I have to restore a friend’s database to this new one, but I have some questions. I don’t really know how to make sure the "migration"/restore will be without any problems.

I have the following questions:
      Which tables do I need for a backup/restore from the "old" database into the new database. This are the things I need to retain:
      Users and user info
      Forum Threads (Topics)
      All posts in the threads
      All attachments
      ?? and other info that needs to be backup-ed and restored into the new forum so everything will work properly! ??

The V-Bulletin Version of both forums is V 3.0.3.
      The forum of the friend has load of extra templates and styles in it that I don't want/need. Some goes for user rights. I want to start with a "clean" forum.
      You can restore the .sql dump into a database and then upload the 3.0.3 files and you have a running forum.

From the admin control panel you can manage all the forums, usergroups, styles , etc .. Much less work then importing half the data into a fresh install and working from scratch (which a restore basicly is, you just delete forums, and move users to a different usergroup).

Comment

• Rhoads
        • Dec 2004
        • 3.5.x

Oke, thanks for the answer.

But in de old database, there a lot of customer templates, how can I remove that, he has also old vBindex files (templates) in his database.
        Is the Repair / Optimize Tables enough to do that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...