After you Reply to a Post, how can I return to *that* post?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ocean
    • Mar 2004

After you Reply to a Post, how can I return to *that* post?

One of the weaknesses I find in vB's posting system is this... If you are reading a Thread that contains 100 posts, and let's say that 50 of them are new to you - and you choose to reply to Post # 63 (by using that post's Quote button)... after you submit your reply, you are dumped at the very bottom of that Thread.

Now, you have to remember which post you just replied to and search for it so that you can keep reading the thread from where you left off. And if you are doing a good amount of replying, this gets especially tedious.

Is it possible to make it so that if you reply to a specific post by using that post's Reply or Quote button, after you submit your reply - vB will drop you back in the thread but scrolled to and viewing that last post that you just responded to?
    echo $ocean_signature;

;)
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

It looks like this requires modifying the files, and so you should probably post this on www.vbulletin.org.

It should be possible to get at the postid and use it in the redirection URL without too much hassle.

Comment

• Ocean
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jake Bunce

It looks like this requires modifying the files, and so you should probably post this on www.vbulletin.org.

It should be possible to get at the postid and use it in the redirection URL without too much hassle.

Alright, perhaps I'll look into it myself as well. Thanks, anyway!
      echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment