Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coloradok5
    • Sep 2004

marked as read?

I noticed this happens also on other VB forums so it must be a vBulletin issue but maybe there is a hack for it. If I do not click any links within the forum for about 15 minutes, when I go back to the list of posts it will have them all marked as read, even for forums I didn't visit. I am still logged in, but it acts as if I logged out and back in since all posts are marked read. Any insight into this? I am using Firefox.
    Do not click this link... you may save hundreds on your auto insurance.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is normal and vB has always worked this way. The read status is session-based. When you allow your session to expire, all posts up to that point will show up as read the next time you log in.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

That is the normal behavior. If you are inactive for longer than the session timeout, then your session is ended and the post markers reset.

The feature you are wanting is called "persistent read marking." I believe the devs are working on implementing that feature, but it is hard to do without adding a huge load to the server. I know they are at least working on an improved read marking system, if not "persistent read marking."

Comment

• coloradok5
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
        That is the normal behavior. If you are inactive for longer than the session timeout, then your session is ended and the post markers reset.

The feature you are wanting is called "persistent read marking." I believe the devs are working on implementing that feature, but it is hard to do without adding a huge load to the server. I know they are at least working on an improved read marking system, if not "persistent read marking."
        Thanks for letting me know.
        Do not click this link... you may save hundreds on your auto insurance.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...