• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george.vas
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

I see it but they don’t

I see it but they don’t

Ok I got myself in a nice pickle. I’m not sure exactly what the problem is but it has to be some setting somewhere. Problem is I have no idea where cause I have gone threw the vb options like 10 times and tried various combinations but still to no avail…

Here is the problem… When I log in as Admin or Mod I can see my icons and [img] tag posts and icons. Yet when I log in as a Registered user I don’t see icons or [img] tag posts and here is the wild part… Get this – when I am browsing the board as a guest I can see the [img] tag posts and the icons…

Here is a link to so you can see…

Common sense would tell you this is a user group permissions issue but I have check all the groups and the vb options back and forth and don’t see where the problem is. Ether that or I am so blind from looking everywhere that I don’t see it. I guess I am hoping maybe you have herd of this before and it’s something simple… Well I await the slap in my face because its probably something really silly – (again I have checked and double checked user group settings and vb options)

Thanks for any help
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Check this preference for the problem user:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Show Images

Comment

• george.vas
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.6.x

Thanks - I am not worthy...

Is their by any chance a way for me to set this option on by default threw user groups? Or would I have to go threw each individual account? Again thanks for the help… you saved me my sanity.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

You can set the default for new registrations in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options

You can mass update the preferences of exsiting users in your:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

You must have permission to execute queries in your includes/config.php file:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
        // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
        // See the above entries for more information on the format.
        // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
        // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
        $canrunqueries = '';

Comment

• george.vas
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.6.x

Sweet thanks a million...!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...