Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lethalxpression
    • Aug 2003

page not found error after upgrading to v3

ok, i have just elected to upload the v. 3.0.3 (from 2.3.2) via the deletion method instead of overwriting. the files have been uploaded and i ran all of the install scripts... i was prompted that version 3.0.3 was installed successfully. however, whenever i try and log into my admin cp, i get a 'page not found' from internet explorer. when i try and access my forums page, i get this error message:

Warning: main(./admin/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/home/httpd/vhosts/cb7tuner.com/httpdocs/vbb/global.php on line 129

yes i have deleted the install.php file if anyone is wondering. not the whole directory of 'install', but just the install.php.

any suggestions or ideas as to what could be going wrong?

thanks guys
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Did you upload all of the vB3 files?

config.php is no longer located in the admin folder nor is there an "admin" folder in vB3

Comment

• lethalxpression
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
      Did you upload all of the vB3 files?

config.php is no longer located in the admin folder nor is there an "admin" folder in vB3
      yes, i've uploaded everything (all folders) under the main vb3 "forums" directory that i renamed to my dbname. basically, everything except the 'do not upload' folder.

i see the config.php, but it's located under 'includes', and i do see an "admincp" folder..

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

1. Reupload ALL of the vB3 php files, except install.php

2. Point your browser directly at yourforums.com/vb3directory/admincp and see if it will work.

Comment

• lethalxpression
          • Aug 2003

ok, just re-uploaded all of the v3 files.. overwrote the ones already on my server... except i didn't upload the install.php or images folder... and i'm still getting the browser error message for the admin cp and an error code for the forums url.

Comment

• lethalxpression
            • Aug 2003

just wanted to confirm that i got my v.3 working.. there were a few files that i had to overwrite and wasn't seeing them on my FTP. thanks for the help guys.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...