• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubian
    • Nov 2004

Questions Regarding Uploads / Downloads

uploads
    --------------------------------
    the max i'm able to upload (at a time) is 50megs via the file directory method.
    anyway to increase that?

downloads
    say i've uploaded files in one forum that only certain usergroups have access to.
    are members of another usergroup who "doesn't have access" to that particular forum able to download those files if they happen to get a hold of the downloaded link via someone within that member group who has access?
    i hope i didn't confuse anyone.

thanks
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by nubian
    uploads
    the max i'm able to upload (at a time) is 50megs via the file directory method.
    anyway to increase that?
    That is most likely a PHP / MySQL restriction for the maximum post / upload size.

Originally posted by nubian
    downloads
    say i've uploaded files in one forum that only certain usergroups have access to.
    are members of another usergroup who "doesn't have access" to that particular forum able to download those files if they happen to get a hold of the downloaded link via someone within that member group who has access?
    i hope i didn't confuse anyone.
    If they don't have access, then they can't download attachments by any means, including direct links.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...