X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mentalrz
    • Sep 2004
    • 1.1.x

removed zero users but

i removed all zero posters so i went from 82 thousand to 33 thousand but the problem now is that the users who registered before i reset the zero posters will overwrit the user id number.

meaning

A user who posted is now on userid number 77777 but when someone signs up will they get a new user id number or overwrite an old one.

Is there a way i can do it so they all go down one or something so it seems as if there was only ever really 33 thousand members ever existed.

if yah know what i mean O_o
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That should not happen on an unhacked forum. How exactly did you remove these users?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mentalrz
      • Sep 2004
      • 1.1.x

prune

its not overwriting but its adding to the last number of users b4 server was pruned like

82182 is the amount of members i had b4.. but if someone signs up it be 82183

but i want it to be reorganized so that if a user signs up it will be like 33002 member but the current members user number needs to be sorted.

or isnt this possible!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Then something messed up your database. Did you install any hacks? The userid field should be set to auto-increment and in the standard vB database it will not reuse earlier userid numbers.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mentalrz
          • Sep 2004
          • 1.1.x

ive installed hacks ys but nothing which should affect any user signed up or user id.

What is ur advice?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Nomnetheless one of your hacks messed up your database. It is not functiuoning like the default vB database. I really don't know what to suggest to fix this. It does sound like a potentially serious problem though.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...