Recalculating Reputation Points and Altering Power at 0?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bi11i
    • Sep 2004

Recalculating Reputation Points and Altering Power at 0?

Why is it that whenever I recalculate reputation, the rep points appear normally, but the altering power goes down to 0 for some users. I have basically all the default forum settings for reputation, but one user has a rep of 3713, but an altering power of 0, another has a rep of 2915, and an altering power of 292?

is there a document or URL that would explain more in detail how this is calculated (the altering power.)

I can't tell if I have a problem with my forum code or a problem with something else....?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The documentation does not explain this in any detail:

The Admin CP does have a detailed explanation of the reputation power given for each of the various options:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Reputation Options

For instance:

Post Count Factor
    For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bi11i
      • Sep 2004

well so what about this part? is this normal or is something messed up? so strange....

Why is it that whenever I recalculate reputation, the rep points appear normally, but the altering power goes down to 0 for some users. I have basically all the default forum settings for reputation, but one user has a rep of 3713, but an altering power of 0, another has a rep of 2915, and an altering power of 292?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Sorry, I have no idea why that would happen. Can you provide ,ore information on exactly what you are doing? Is it possible you manually edited there rep altering power by accident?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bi11i
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Sorry, I have no idea why that would happen. Can you provide ,ore information on exactly what you are doing? Is it possible you manually edited there rep altering power by accident?
          is it possible to manually edit the rep altering power? just for the sake of arguement, how would one do such a thing?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Actually you can't. I was thinking of the actual reputation which can be altered. I would still need to know exactly what you are doing and what your current reputation settings are. I haven't heard of anyone having this kind of a problem before.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...