X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LisaJ
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.0.0 Beta 3

Banner placement

Sorry, couldn't find anything definitive on this in the other threads...Where do I need to go in the settings in order to place a banner in this space? I looked in the templates, but it only gives options to edit the header and footer...and this is below and above them. Is there a 'Working With VB For Dummies' that I can use somewhere so I don't need to eat up all of the mods' time with my noob questions?
  • vbcore
    • Sep 2004

FORUMHOME template?

Comment

• TheMusicMan
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.7.x

Open your forumhome template and find this code

<body>
      $header
      $navbar

insert banner code here

<!-- main -->

That should do it for ya... let us know if you need more help.
      John

Comment

• LisaJ
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.0.0 Beta 3

Thank you!

Will this display the banner on all of the pages? or just forum home page? Just curious as if it's all...that's fine, but not sure which direction i'm going in with this -- guess i'm trying to do 5 things at once and none of them are coming out right

Comment

• Dennis Olson
          • Oct 2002

forumhome only. You'll need to make the same change to 'forumdisplay' and 'showthread' templates.

Comment

• LisaJ
            • Nov 2004
            • 3.0.0 Beta 3

Get the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /www/d/digitalsignage/htdocs/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3055) : eval()'d code on line 19

??? anyone???
            using phpAdsNew to publish ads..this is the code i stuck into the area you told me:

<?php
            if (@include('/www/d/digitalsignage/htdocs/adserver/phpadsnew.inc.php')) {
            if (!isset($phpAds_context)) $phpAds_context = array();
            $phpAds_raw = view_raw ('zone:1', 0, '_blank', 'Publisher1', '0', $phpAds_context);
            echo $phpAds_raw['html'];
            }
            ?>

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

You cannot include PHP code in any templates except the phpinclude templates.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• LisaJ
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.0.0 Beta 3

?!

Then I wonder how the phpAdsNew program works exactly...all it generates (from what I have seen) is the code that I have shown

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

They probably enter the code in phpinclude and use a variable in the other templates. Here are the instructions on using phpinclude:

And here is a tutorial at vbulletin.org for using phpinclude:

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• LisaJ
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 3.0.0 Beta 3

You rock Steve!

Thanks bunches!

Comment

• LisaJ
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 3.0.0 Beta 3

Sigh*

Now this appears in the area where the banner is supposed to be:

Warning: Division by zero in /www/d/xxxxxx/htdocs/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Division by zero in /www/d/xxxxxx/htdocs/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Unknown(html’): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/d/xxxxxx/htdocs/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'html’' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /www/d/xxxxxx/htdocs/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 2
                      = xxxxxx.htm

Thanks for all of your help so far...You've all been so patient!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

What changes did you make?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• idslamyou
                          • Jul 2004

PHPadnews has different methods of serving ads. I suggest using the Remote Invocation or Remote Invocation for Javascript method. It is under the direct selection category. It works fine on my site. You can see it in action at www.idslamyou.com/index.php

Comment

• LisaJ
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 3.0.0 Beta 3

Originally posted by idslamyou
                            PHPadnews has different methods of serving ads. I suggest using the Remote Invocation or Remote Invocation for Javascript method. It is under the direct selection category. It works fine on my site. You can see it in action at www.idslamyou.com/index.php
                            Tried the javascript one and after I placed the code in the FORUMHOME, nothin shows up at all..it's like I never added any code..VERY nice board, BTW

Steve MacholWhat changes did you make?

I followed the directions in the phpinclude link you supplied to the 'T'

Here is the current FORUMHOME which has the added code but shows no banners:

</head>
                            <body>
                            $header
                            $navbar
                            <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>
                            <!--
                            if (!document.phpAds_used) document.phpAds_used = ',';
                            phpAds_random = new String (Math.random()); phpAds_random = phpAds_random.substring(2,11);

document.write ("<" + "script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src='");
                            document.write ("http://xxxxxxx.com/adserver/adjs.php?n=" + phpAds_random);
                            document.write ("&amp;what=zone:1&amp;target=_blank");
                            document.write ("&amp;exclude=" + document.phpAds_used);
                            if (document.referer)
                            document.write ("&amp;referer=" + escape(document.referer));
                            document.write ("'><" + "/script>");
                            //-->
                            Last edited by LisaJ; Fri 3 Dec '04, 8:58pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

What info did you put in the phpinclude template?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...