X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonWilliams
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.6.x

Subscription Usergroup

I've created a new usergroup for Subscribers, and they have more rights for uploads and viewable forums. I've set the primary usergroup as "No Change" and secondary as the new usergroup "Subscribers".

However, this hits a problem, because I'm the site admin, and I'm a subscriber to get the full rights, my title still says Administrator. I don't want this, I want it to say Subscriber, but if I change the primary usergroup to Subscriber, then I lose Admin rights .... and if I set it the other way around, primary to Subscriber and secondary to Admin, then whoever signs up and subscribes ends up with Admin rights!

If you managed to follow that and understand it ..... any help please?

TIA

Jason
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

When you are a member of a secondary group, you can choose to identify with that group in your:

User CP -> Group Memberships

When you identify with a group, you take on its custom title.

Comment

• JasonWilliams
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      When you are a member of a secondary group, you can choose to identify with that group in your:

User CP -> Group Memberships

When you identify with a group, you take on its custom title.
      Thanks, pardon for being stupid, but I cant find that option anywhere, am I missing something really simple?

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

The option won't show up in your User CP unless you are a member of a secondary group.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...