Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Selrahce
    • Sep 2001

How: Reset PM counter?

I did a restoration of user information only to my forum. After I did this, I reset all of the forum counters in the maintenance area. I do have a slight problem though.... the user PM counts are wrong.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Inbox contains 4 messages.
    You have 31 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed.

There are no (0) messages in sent items and only 4 in Inbox. The PM count from the old forum came over with the user database. The new messages are simply adding or subtracting off of the old number. I need to have this reset based on the PM's that are actually there.

How can I do this? I don't mind deleting all PM's if that is what is needed to reset the PM counter, but I would rather be able to keep what I have in the PM boxes.

HELP!
    Last edited by Selrahce; Thu 25 Nov '04, 6:12pm.
  • Selrahce
    • Sep 2001

Can anyone help me out here?

I have people maxing out their 50 private message cap but they only have 12 or so messages in the inbox/sent total. Id rather fix the problem than up the limmit.... because this problem only is applying to members b4 the move was made, not after.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Under normal circumstances they have to have 50 PM in all their boxes for this to be an issue. They need to either remove PMs or you need to increase the limit.

However there may have been a problem with the data you rrestored. Please provide more specifics.

I did a restoration of user information only to my forum.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Selrahce
        • Sep 2001

I started the forum again fresh, but I wanted the users information. I imported only the user information tables. The only snag I have run into is the old PM counts came with them. Naturally the PM's didn't. So its saying thei have so many PM's in the inbox/sent, but they really dont have that many. So I need to reset all of the PM counts on the forum....

Everything else worked just fine. The counter resets fixed all other problems. We only just reciently noticed the PM count issue, and it's the last thing I need to fix.

Deleting the PM's is fine as well, as long as i can reset everyone to 0 in the inbos and sent. How can I reset everyone's PM count to reflect what is really in there?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

This is one of the reasons we recommend against restoring just individual tables. The vB tables and information is all interconnected.

I believe these queries will fix this issue, but backup your database first just in case:

UPDATE user SET pmtotal=0;
          UPDATE user SET pmunread=0;

This should set ALL current PM counts to '0' whether they have PMs or not.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Selrahce
            • Sep 2001

I knew I would be playing with fire when i did it hehe. Its all good. I'll give that a try after I delete all PM's, so the count is correct. I'd hate to see what happens if i set them to 0 and they delete seom fron their inbox..... -1? lol

Comment

• Selrahce
              • Sep 2001

I just thought I would let you know that, when I used the Admin CP to delete user PM's, that also reset the counts to 0. Running the SQL was not necessary. The deletion process reset the errored counts for me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...