• Show
Clear All
  • Comtech
    Banned
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.6.x

Move parent threads and all in it

Hi,

I am new to this script (was using PBPBB before an attack) and it allowed us to move the parent thread or anything we wished in different orders.
    Is this possible in Vbulletin? I would imagine it is when you look at PHPBB is free and VB is a paid for script... but there is a lot to learn, so I thought I would just ask.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by IMW
    I am new to this script (was using PBPBB before an attack) and it allowed us to move the parent thread or anything we wished in different orders.
    I'm not sure I understand. Change a thread's order?

Comment

• Comtech
      Banned
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.6.x

yes, in phpbb if there was a parent thread at the very bottom you could move it to where you wanted it to be (like at the top or middle for example)

Right now all the Admins , including myself have not found a way for this.. it just seems that what ever was first made is what order it takes on the board.

There has got to be a way to change the order of how things are on the board... or so I would think. PHPBB and UBB both have the option, I just haven't found it on here as of yet. I am sure it has it, but does any one know where or what it's under?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

You can change the ordering of threads on the forumdisplay pages by clicking the column names. For example:

Click on Replies to sort the threads by reply count.

Comment

• Comtech
          Banned
          • Nov 2004
          • 3.6.x

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Comtech
            Banned
            • Nov 2004
            • 3.6.x

Ok, for anyone who may wish to move the parent threads and can't figure it out....

Off to your right the parent threads are numbered... In the number area you will want to renumber all parent threads to your prefered area. Like if you have a donations and it's at the bottom.. Make it 1 and then what ever parent thread you wish for 2 to be 2 and so on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...