Moderate threads: Hows this possible ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freeones
    • Jun 2003

Moderate threads: Hows this possible ...

I'm running vb 3.0.3

Everyday i find multiple threads in the moderate threads function. None of my forums have the Moderate Posts nor Moderate Threads enabled. But still every day i find some threads and posts. And the worst part of it, sometimes these posts are from non active users (awaiting email activation) or banned users !!

Possible bug, security leak ?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The only time this should happen is if someone started a Poll thread but did not complete all the poll info.

As for Banned and Non-Active users, this is either a permissions problem, or caused by one or more hacks you've installed. If the permissions are set correctly and you are running the default vB files, this should not happen.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Freeones
      • Jun 2003

Steve,

we have no hacks or other stuff installed ..

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Then it's a permissions problem. Double-check all the relevant permissions.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...