Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rzammillo
    • Nov 2004

How do I add buttons?

How can I add buttons to the top of the home forum page. I want to replace Register and FAQ, etc, buttons with our web page designed buttons.

Thank you
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You'll need to edit the navbar template and make the appropriate changes to the HTML.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rzammillo
      • Nov 2004

I don't have any HTML experience. Is it possible to just copy the gif file and paste it somewhere, like I did with title graphic?

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

No sorry. You will need to edit the HTML in the navbar to do this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rzammillo
          • Nov 2004

Changing default navbar to custom buttons

Can anyone tell me where to start to edit the HTML for the navbar? Is there an if then else statement or what has to be done. I have gif files that I want to use as buttons to replace the navbar. Thanks

Comment

• rzammillo
            • Nov 2004

This is the support we paid $300 for?

Is this the support that our company paid $300 for? If it is, what a rip-off!
            I've been asking how to change the items on the navbar to match the buttons on our website (our company wants the same look) and all I was told was to look at the forums. Then when someone did answer me, they told me to edit the navbar. That's it! Not how to do it or what to type in. The program may be good, but the support is a joke. Advice to prospective buyers, don't get the support. Save your money and buy a book on HTML editing.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

There are several threads in the Quick Tips forum that explain how to edit your navbar template, including this one:

Go to your: Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar Find this code. Add the code in red: <!-- nav buttons bar --> <div align="center"> <table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]&

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• AlkATRaZ
                • Feb 2001

Originally posted by rzammillo
                Is this the support that our company paid $300 for? If it is, what a rip-off!
                I've been asking how to change the items on the navbar to match the buttons on our website (our company wants the same look) and all I was told was to look at the forums. Then when someone did answer me, they told me to edit the navbar. That's it! Not how to do it or what to type in. The program may be good, but the support is a joke. Advice to prospective buyers, don't get the support. Save your money and buy a book on HTML editing.
                Buddy, a dynamic forum is not like plugging in a microwave. You need to have some idea what you're doing and editing the navbar it one of the most basic things you can modify.

Sounds like you need to hire a webdesigner/developer, not pay a couple bucks extra for support. You can get a book that teaches the basics for $10 bucks! Or you can learn about html for free through websites.
                http://www.northwestnissans.com

Comment

• rzammillo
                  • Nov 2004

Support

Hey Altaraz

We paid for the support--$300, and all we get is to go to a forums page. Give me a break. It's a rip-off no matter what you and anyone says.

Comment

• Bad_i_BILL
                    • May 2004
                    • 1.1.x

When you buy the car, they do not teach you how to drive it.

They expect you to have some sense for what you are doing.
                    If the car needs repairs, then they should help you.

Same thing here.
                    Nowhere have I read: for 300.00, we will teach you HTML.

This is a simple case of "My dog ate my homework"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...