X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inetd
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Wrong time in vB3

I have some problem with time options in my vB3 forum.
    I set GMT +2 and DST is on (= GMT +3), but see wrong time. Time must be 21:04, but I see 22:04.
    Time on server is right - 21:04.

How I can resolve this problem?
    Sorry for my bad English! :)
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Don't forget about Daylight Savings Time. You need to set the timezone and DST settings in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on. Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Surtain23
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by inetd
      I have some problem with time options in my vB3 forum.
      I set GMT +2 and DST is on (= GMT +3), but see wrong time. Time must be 21:04, but I see 22:04.
      Time on server is right - 21:04.

How I can resolve this problem?
      The time your server has my be set in a different time zone.

Comment

• inetd
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Don't forget about Daylight Savings Time. You need to set the timezone and DST settings in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on. Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP.
        I know it.
        It's works good some days ago. After this I don't make any changes in ACP or UCP.
        Changing Default Time Zone Offset in ACP makes result only for Guest and New Users.

I don't know what I must say to hosting support. Where this problem can be found?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

You should contact your host and ask them what timezone the server is using and if it is setup for DST.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• inetd
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            You should contact your host and ask them what timezone the server is using and if it is setup for DST.
            Steve, timezone in my host - GMT +2, I set up thiz timezone in my ACP. And have wrong time in forum.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

There is no way you would have the wrong time if you followed the instructions in post #2. The host timezone info must be wrong.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• inetd
                • Jan 2001

Where I need change timezone for ALL users?
                In post #4 I write: "Changing Default Time Zone Offset in ACP makes result only for Guest and New Users"
                Again. I don't make any changes in ACP. If I set up right timezone and enable DST in my UCP I see wrong time.
                If I set up right timezone and enable DST in ACP I see wrong time too.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

There is no way to change the timezone for all users. If you have the system time set correctly, then they set their individual timezone settings in the User CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• inetd
                    • Jan 2001

Please read this thread again.
                    I have right time when I login to my server (by SSH). But in my forum I have wrong time.
                    Right timezone, but wrong hours.
                    GMT +3, but 15:01 for now (not 14:01).

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

I assure you if you have the correct settings, you will get the correct time. Since you don't have the correct time, then your settings are wrong. The most likely cause is the timezone settings in the Admin CP. Try changing this until the time is correct.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• bubbasmurf
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by inetd
                        Please read this thread again.
                        I have right time when I login to my server (by SSH). But in my forum I have wrong time.
                        Right timezone, but wrong hours.
                        GMT +3, but 15:01 for now (not 14:01).
                        I had the same problem when I did a fresh install of VB.
                        If your seeing the wrong time on your board check in your user Profile for the Time Options thats where I found my problem.

Comment

• eclectica
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 3.6.x

GMT never changes despite daylight savings time. For example, in New York it is GMT -5 in the Winter and GMT -4 in the Summer. If you have in your own user preferences to adjust the time automatically for daylight savings time it could create problems.

When webhosting companies change the server time for daylight savings time that forces you to keep up with them by manually changing the Default Time Zone Offset every time they do so. Daylight savings time is not followed universally and consistently, so a server which changes its time for daylight savings time is just plain wrong.

Comment

• brynestad
                            • Mar 2003

I'm having sort of the same problem. My server is located in Dallas (GMT-6). Both the server time and the "Date and Time Options" in vBulletin are correctly set. "Enable Daylight Savings" is turned On.

The forum time is correct, but the footer says that "all times are GMT -5". Shouldn't this be "-6" regardless of the "Daylight Savings" being on or off?

Also, when I login (I live in Norway, GMT+1) It says that "All times are GMT +2". The time displayed is correctly, but the GMT should be +1 regardless of the season. Isn't that right?

(URL of forum: ultraguest.com/forum)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

The GMT stuff confuses me frankly. If the time is correct, then I don't worry about the rest of it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...