X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User213029312
    • Mar 2004
    • 4.1.x

Link ID Errors

I recently moved my message forums to a brand new server. Since then however, I often get database e-mails saying the following:

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Sunday 10th of October 2004 06:41:26 AM
    Script: http://www.animationinsider.net/foru...1&pp=25&page=3
    Referer: http://www.animationinsider.net/foru...searchid=47571
    IP Address: IP here
    As well as this one:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT userid, username FROM vb3_user
    WHERE userid IN (941,10,4829,3647,5166,,5188,549,253,2,1819,6077,1)
    ORDER BY username

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '5188,549,253,2,1819,6077,1)
    ORDER BY username' at line 2

mysql error number: 1064
    Any suggestions?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The first error means that either the info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums wouldn't work at all) or there is a problem with the MySQL server. If you are sure that the db info is correct then you need to contact your host.

We would need to see the complate error message of the second one, including script info. But the likely cause is a modified or hacked script. Reuploading the original vB files should fix this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• User213029312
      • Mar 2004
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      We would need to see the complate error message of the second one, including script info. But the likely cause is a modified or hacked script. Reuploading the original vB files should fix this.
      I have never modfied or hacked a script before, so it couldn't be that. I will contact my host though.

Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...