Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dennis Olson
    • Oct 2002

Want a special vBcode tag

I want a special vBcode tag. It would be a variety of the "spoiler" tag (that hides text in black-on-black, and you have to hilite the text with the mouse to see it). Hoever, what I want is for the text to be color-coded to whatever the background color is for the specific table cell.

So if your cells are tan, the text would be tan. If the cell is green, the text would be green, etc.

Hiow can I do that please? I assume I'd have to reference the CSS table-background color somehow, but I assume there's a VAR for that...?

Thanks!
  • Khaleel
    Banned
    • Oct 2004

First get the spoiler tag And then when installing it change the css tabs to what you want them to be like for the spoiler tag it calls the css quote box, you just call your box
    then in the templates , your green stlye exmaple go to extra css definations and

.spoilertag
    {
    css table color here
    }

and do that for each style so each time the spoiler tags is called it will use the css in the template its on. That should work

Comment

• Dennis Olson
      • Oct 2002

Yeah, that's what I want. But I really would like to use a single template, and have vB "fill in the blank" as to the table color. Kind-of "automated", you know...?

Comment

• Alex
        • Mar 2001

AFAIK they have a nice spoiler "hack" at vBulletin.org. It works with layers and is IMHO much better as what you're asking for.
        Greetz Alex
        Spasschat-Team - the best chat, you've ever seen :)

Comment

• Dennis Olson
          • Oct 2002

The only one I saw was the custom vBCode Spoiler thread. That was black-on-black (and I created that tag on my board). If there's one available that uses whatever color your table background is, I'd love the link to it. I looked all over there, and didn't find anything like that. (I don't think the one I saw is a hack though, as all you do is create the code in your AdminCP.)

Comment

• Khaleel
            Banned
            • Oct 2004

hey alex

Hey Alex I would like to know about this hack? Do you have the direct link ?

Thanks

Comment

• Yves R.
              vBulletin QA
              • Nov 2003
              • 5.6.X

You can see this: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47951

Or this: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64844
              Last edited by Yves R.; Fri 8 Oct '04, 12:32pm.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment