Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachement Storage Type

I have attempted to change the attachment storage type and the system says:

"We attempted to write a test file to ../attach, but we were unsuccessful. Please verify that the web server has write/delete permissions for this path."

However, if I go to that directory, I can see a folder that it created called test with a test.attach file on it.

In addition, now if I attempt to store any attachments, even though it says that the attachment type is the database, I get the following error:

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the Business Resources Forums database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."
    Last edited by globalstrata; Tue 24th Aug '04, 2:32pm.

You need to have the full server path. and this folder must be chmoded to 777

Comment

I have given read and write access and have done and put a path outside the forum folder as explained in the help, where it said:

"If you are moving attachments into the file system, it is recommended that you do *not* place the folder under your web root (usually named public_html or www or www_root) because people will be able to bypass vBulletin's permission system and download them."

Gladys

Comment

You still need to use a full path, rather than a relitive one.

../attach is a relitive path

/home/mysite/attach

Is a full path

You need to enter one that more resembles like that.

Comment

If the file is still there than that most likely indicates that vBulletin was unable to delete it after creating it.

Since you never actually moved the files, your database error wouldn't have any connection with your attempt to move files. What was the actual error you received in your email?

Comment

Sorry. But still cannot get it. I am in a windows environment so I am have tried given g:\dir\attach as path, /attach, ../attach and none worked. Do you know by any chance which account needs access?

Gladys

Comment

Freddie,

Yeap. It did not have delete access. I game read and write but forgot modify access. Now it works.

Thanks guys,

Gladys

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                You still need to use a full path, rather than a relitive one.

../attach is a relitive path

/home/mysite/attach
                How should it be the path?
                my site is for ex. www.mysite.info , and i would like to store all attachement on a path /shtojcat
                thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X