• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RapCheck
    • Nov 2001

Forum Permissions Being Inherited in non-parent forums

Attached is a screenshot to show...

I have a category with 2 child forums

I deny all to the first forum (not the category) and all forums and categories below the forum with edited permissions show up with inherited permissions. I tried editing a single usergroups permissions and still all forums below show as inherited. It doesn't matter which forum or category is edited, any forums below the edited one still show as inherited.

It appears that the permissions are not actually inherited and its just a visual change, but, whats up with that? (using 3.0.3)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RapCheck; Sun 22 Aug '04, 4:05pm. Reason: forgot attachment
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I had that problem recently when I upgraded to vB3. It's a bug:

There are instructions to fix the bug if you feel like modifying some code.

Comment

• RapCheck
      • Nov 2001

thanks

Comment

• zyuray
        • Jun 2002

I applied the changes from that fix, and while it does fix the problem, now NO forums show up as having inherited custom permissions, even if they DO. Using 3.0.3.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by zyuray
          I applied the changes from that fix, and while it does fix the problem, now NO forums show up as having inherited custom permissions, even if they DO. Using 3.0.3.
          You probably didn't apply the fix correctly.

If you send me a PM with your email address and customer #, then I can send you the patched file that I made.

Comment

• zyuray
            • Jun 2002

I tried it again and I got it. There was something weird about the spacing in the blank quotes. I left those parts intact from the original, and kind of pasted "around it", and it works.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...