Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TunerNetwork
    • Jul 2004

Most Users Online HELP!

Ok, I've posted this before, tried fixing, but a no go.
    I have vBulletin Version 3.0.3 running with vbPortal Version 3.0.0 Beta 3, and I have the Trance Theme installed. The problem I am having is with the Most Users Ever Online, it doesnt show the most online, it only matches the Currently Active Users. For example, I had 91 people on at once the other day, so the most ever said "91". Then later on, I had 22 on, then it said most ever was "22". I do not have any idea on how to fix this, so if someone can help me, I need HELP ASAP! I am losing Vendor oppurtunities because they see this and think, wow, only 3 people have been on the site at once. If someone can take a look at my code, or if there is a hack, I need help. THANK YOU, either pm me on here, Email, or AIM: TN ZAZZA CEO or Milger687

Thanks!

EXAMPLE BELOW:

What's Going On?
    Currently Active Users: 7 (2 members and 5 guests)
    Most users ever online was 7, Today at 02:40 PM.

http://www.tunernetwork.com
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

Hmm. I see that the incorrect "most users ever online" is being displayed on the forum AND the vBportal front page.

Note that you will probably get comments like "you cannot get priority support if you are running major hacks like vBportal" but people will still try to help you if you give them enough information to work with. Also, if someone has an answer to your questions, they will post their replies here and it is up to you to then read the reply (utilise the e-mail notification system).

Are you sure that you did not modify the template for this on FORUMHOME?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

We can't provide support for hacked forums. However I suggest you create a new style with the default templates and no parent style, then look at your Who's Online numbers with that. If they are still off, then the problem is most likely with one of your hacks and not the style.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DAzz
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        We can't provide support for hacked forums. However I suggest you create a new style with the default templates and no parent style, then look at your Who's Online numbers with that. If they are still off, then the problem is most likely with one of your hacks and not the style.
        Steve... Just an FYI. VbPortal isn't a "Hack" by your definations anymore. Previous versions did hack vbfiles, but vbPortal 3 does not as it's completely template based now. It has it's own sets of templates (150+) that it uses, but for the Users Online in the forums it's using the original vBulletin templates NOT vbPortal. I'm also a vbPortal user and have always been never had this problem before upgrading to vBulletin 3.0.3.

I've checked on a new install of JUST vBulletin and it does the same thing...

"Most users ever online was 1, Today at 08:24 AM." That's total bull. Just earlier this morning there was 6 people logged in for testing.

Sorry to be a pain, but you guys seem to just blame everything on hacks it seems.
        Last edited by DAzz; Wed 25 Aug '04, 5:50am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

AFAIK vBPortal does modify the database, which is functionally equivalent to hacking.

If you can duplicate this problem on an unhacked test forum using the default templates then please fill out a support ticket with the appropriate access info for this test forum.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment