• Nov 2001
    • 4.1.x

How can Disable Calendar?

Hello
    How can Disable Calendar for ever?
    version 3.0.3
    Thank you
    alkahf
    الحمدُ للهِ الذي أنزلَ على عبدِهِ الكتابَ و لم يجعل لهُ عِوَجًا - سورة الكهف 1
    Winner - vB Board of the Month - March 2008
    Winner vB Board of Year 2005
    vbulletinclub.com
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

First you can delete your calendars in your:

Admin CP -> Calendars & Moderators -> Calendar Manager

Then you can remove the Calendar link from the navbar be editing this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

Find this code and remove the red code:

Code:
    		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="faq.php?$session[sessionurl]" accesskey="5">$vbphrase[faq]</a></td>
    		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="memberlist.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[members_list]</a></td>
    		[color=red]<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="calendar.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>[/color]
    		<if condition="$show['popups']">		
    			<if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
    				<if condition="$show['member']">

Comment

• alkahf
      • Nov 2001
      • 4.1.x

Thank you
      Please make in next version in ACP:
      vBulletin Options > Enable/Disable Calendar: yes l No

Regards
      alkahf
      الحمدُ للهِ الذي أنزلَ على عبدِهِ الكتابَ و لم يجعل لهُ عِوَجًا - سورة الكهف 1
      Winner - vB Board of the Month - March 2008
      Winner vB Board of Year 2005
      vbulletinclub.com

Comment

• Resale Broker
        • Aug 2004
        • 3.6.x

That's just what I was looking for. Thank You!
        Last edited by Resale Broker; Mon 5 Feb '07, 2:10pm.
        Online Sales Training community featuring practical resources including podcasts, scripts, articles and more. - Jeff Blackwell

Comment

• Removed-1078464
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.6.x

Pretty disapointing that when the calendar is disabled that it doesnt remove the navbar link and not give you a you do not have permission message. We should be seeing the calendar link at all, and we shouldnt be seeing permission messages, it should just do nothing. And this is with using Vbulletin Version 3.6.8 so its not like they havent had time to improve on this.

Oh I cant wait until Jelsoft improves substantially on this issue... When a feature or function is DISABLED, it should not only be disabled but completely hidden from view in all areas with no evidence that it was every installed or available to the members.

Doug

Comment

• xxclixxx
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by dcpaq2
            When a feature or function is DISABLED, it should not only be disabled but completely hidden
            I agree, I've been getting complaints from users about this because they see all these features but then find they are disabled. Not having it remove the links makes it very time consuming when adding/updating templates.

Comment

• Alastor
              • Apr 2004
              • 3.8.x

Thank you.

Comment

• Mazinger
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.7.x

You can set permissons to disable it per usergroup.
                $post[signature]

Comment

• Alastor
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dcpaq2
                  Oh I cant wait until Jelsoft improves substantially on this issue... When a feature or function is DISABLED, it should not only be disabled but completely hidden from view in all areas with no evidence that it was ever installed or available to the members.

I couldn't agree more. I have forums where people cannot post threads or replies, yet the button to do so still appears. It confuses the user and makes the forums seem hastily made and disorganized. "Neat and crisp" is not how I'd describe the way disabled functions in VB are handled.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...