Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrissicom
    • Feb 2004

vB 3.0.3 not working in root folder on IIS 6 but sub-folder only

ok, this is a problem that I had since installing vB 3 RC3, now running vB 3.0.3 still having the same problem. I am running a community at www.sandrabullockcentral.com and my forum is located in the sub-folder /sandrabullock. Although I always wanted to have the forum directly at www.sandrabullockcentral.com. When I install the forum directly to this dir I get a blank page when I try to open anything. There are no errors in the IIS log files it looks like the page is loaded normally although I see index.php or any other vB page blank at www.sandrabullockcentral.com but it works at www.sandrabullockcentral.com/sandrabullock.... why is that I used up days to figure out what's wrong but I just can't.

Btw.... I am using Windows Server 2003 Standard, PHP 4.3.7 as ISAPI and MySQL 4.0.20a-nt... had the same problems with earlier versions of PHP no matter if CGI or ISAPI. All other PHP pages load without any problems e.g. www.sandramovies.com same server completely PHP based or www.sandrabullockcentral.com/info.php which is a simple PHP Info file.

Please!!! if anyone knows a solution to this I call you my god!!!
    "I have emotional vices and they can be far more paralyzing than drugs or alcohol."
    -Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock Central Message Board / Chris' Famous Sandra Bullock Page / Sandra Bullock News (Deutsch)
  • Austin Dea
    • Mar 2002

So do you have exact copies of all the files in the root and /sandrabullock folders?

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

It doesn't matter in which directory you put it. As long as the details are correct in the config.php files and the global vBulletin options - settings.

Comment

• Chrissicom
        • Feb 2004

I tried to install the board into the root dir first but that doesn't work, I only got blank pages, it worked fine in the sub-folder though. The config.php is configured properly as it only contains the db info no matter in which folder the forum is located. I tried to install vBadvanced in the root -> http://www.sandrabullockcentral.com/cmps_index.php and noticed that this page is not blank but the news column is not displayed. I.e. the part which required global.php is blank and I noticed that when doing a clean install in a sub-folder then move to root all pages that do not require global.php load fine, others don't. So it seems that the require part of global.php is IIS incompatible, because it doesn't find the required files in root but only sub-folders.
        "I have emotional vices and they can be far more paralyzing than drugs or alcohol."
        -Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock Central Message Board / Chris' Famous Sandra Bullock Page / Sandra Bullock News (Deutsch)

Comment

• socals
          • Aug 2004

This seems to be the same error I am having with IIS5, except I get an error when installing.

Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in E:\Webs\vbtest\web\install\install.php on line 17

Warning: main(./install/installcore.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\Webs\vbtest\web\install\install.php on line 69

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './install/installcore.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in E:\Webs\vbtest\web\install\install.php on line 69

It doesn't seem to like the chdir(./../) command when you don't install into a root folder. (my guess)

Comment

• Chrissicom
            • Feb 2004

yep socals that's exactly the problem
            -Sandra Bullock

Comment

• socals
              • Aug 2004

I got help from vBulletin awhile back, and it turned out that you need to allow the IUSR account access to your root folder that the website is located in. I hope it's not your c:\ or d:\ drive. My example was:

d:\websites\site1\web

This was my root directory for my website. Normally you would just give access to the web directory to allow people to view your website. But if you install vBulletin in the web folder, then you must give the same access to the site1 folder also.

This seems to be a problem with PHP and IIS or Windows. If you setup this access then everything works fine. (IUSR is short for the full user name)

It didn't make any sense at all, but vBulletin figured it out for me.

Hope it helps. (BTW: I'm using Windows 2000 Server)

Comment