Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikhailtech
    • Aug 2002

adding banners to sub-forums?

I'm trying to add banners to sub-forums (this way each sub forum gets a targeted banner specifically for the content of that forum). Preferably the banner would reside below the [sub]forum name but just above the first post. Is there a way to do that through the admin cp or do I have to get a hack and/or modify the code myself?
  • Dennis Olson
    • Oct 2002

I would think you could do that by having multiple child styles under your main style. As you know, the child styles inherit their characteristics from the parent. You can assign a child style to each forum, then go in and modify the URL to the banner for each child (which should everride the inherited information for that section of the style template).

Comment

• Mikhailtech
      • Aug 2002

Thanks, I might end up doing that, but banner placement there is still limited to the top or bottom of the page, i.e. outside the content table. I want to be able to place a banner inside the content table, in the same location where announcements show up. I'm guessing there's no easy way to do that ..

I'm also guessing that means I need to modify the FORUMDISPLAY template. Can anyone point me to an area therein where I could insert the banner code?

*edit* nevermind figured it out
      Last edited by Mikhailtech; Wed 28 Jul '04, 4:16pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...