Upgrade to 3.0.3 gone bad... need a little assistance please.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAzz
    • Apr 2004

Upgrade to 3.0.3 gone bad... need a little assistance please.

Greetings Everyone,

I seem to have run into a snag with my database... I've gone through and removed all hacks and did a fresh upload of all the vbulletin files. So, nothign is hacked or any kind of edits made with the exception of config.php with my database info.

The email that is being generated to my webmaster email is below:
    Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Sunday 18th of July 2004 12:15:57 PM
    Script: http://swgbounties.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466
    I've got 3,000+ members and over 30,000 posts so I really really don't want to loose my database... If anyone would be kind enough to help me figure this out I'd be forever grateful.
  • conqsoft
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

Your database server is down/unreachable. Contact your host.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• DAzz
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by conqsoft
      Your database server is down/unreachable. Contact your host.
      I was thinking the same thing, but if I set it to use a temp database on the same server it works fine...

I just run the install script to see how far it would get and this is the error it's returning on Step 2.

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/dazz/domains/swgbounties.com/public_html/forums/includes/db_mysql.php on line 140

In the mean time I'm going to contact my host and see.

I am also able to access the database in myphpadmin... So, I really don't think theres a problem with the database server.
      Last edited by DAzz; Sun 18 Jul '04, 9:47am.

Comment

• reefland
        • Sep 2000

Have you triple checked all of your config.php data?
        sigpic
        Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$servername (except in rare case, this should almost always be left as 'localhost')
          $dbusername
          $dbpassword
          $dbname

2. Or there is a problem with the server. Since another database is working, then the problem is with your config.php file.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DAzz
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by reefland
            Have you triple checked all of your config.php data?
            Yup, I also just replaced the values with another database name and username and it was able to connect just fine...

I don't see anything in my config.php that would be causing the problem...

$servername = 'localhost';
            $dbusername = 'xxxxxxx';
            $dbpassword = 'xxxxx';
            $dbname = 'dazz_vb3';

If I do a new install with a different database and just changed the $dbusername, $dbpassword, and $dbname in the same exact config.php it works fine. I just don't want to do a new install because I don't want to loose all the data in the database... I'm thinking that my database may be corrupted. Is there an easy way to strip my old database of user, posts and other forum specific information and import that into my new database?

Duh... Wake up Dazz... Just export Data in myphpadmin. Lol. I just woke up and really hope that this works.
            Last edited by DAzz; Sun 18 Jul '04, 10:25am.

Comment

• DAzz
              • Apr 2004

Well, I'm getting a little further... After repairing tables and going over config.php line by line by line I'm still running into a problem. If I try to access my forums I get the following errors:

Warning: Unknown(../global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dazz/domains/swgbounties.com/public_html/forums/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: (null)(): Failed opening required '../global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dazz/domains/swgbounties.com/public_html/forums/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 1
              I've uploaded the files about 50 times and yes global.php is in the /forums directory. This happens when trying to access the admincp as well... I've searched and couldn't find anything...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Are you on a Plesk server by any chance? And are you using a sub-domain?
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...